Parvasi Immigration


Home – Spouse Sponsorship


Canadian spousal sponsorship is how a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor their partner to come to Canada and live permanently. In Canada, we know how important it is for families to be together. For this reason, applications for spousal sponsorship are considered a top priority.

Be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident;

    • Be at least 18 years old;
    • Live in Canada or if you are a citizen, then you must show that you plan to live in Canada when your sponsored relative becomes a Permanent Resident
    • Satisfy Quebec specific laws regarding sponsorship if you live in Quebec and
    • Be able to prove that you have enough income to provide basic needs of the person or people that you are sponsoring
    • Other SPOUSE members depending upon eligibility

You Cannot Be A Sponsor If You:

  • Were sponsored by a spouse or partner and became a Permanent Resident less than five years ago
  • Were sponsored by a previous spouse or partner and three years have not passed since this person became a Permanent Resident
  • Are in default of a previous sponsorship undertaking
  • Are in the process of a bankruptcy proceeding
  • Receive social assistance for a reason other than a disability
  • Were convicted of a violent or sexual offense or are in jail
  • Are under a removal order or
  • Have already applied to sponsor your current spouse, partner or child and a decision has not yet been made.